Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Episode 5: ‘The Warriors’ [NOT COMPLETED]

“Onii-san, I miss you…” Nanako said as he held Yuuki in his arms, holding up Yuuki’s chin with his hands forcing him to see the flames in his eyes. Nanako wanted to kiss him so bad now that his entire memories had come back to him and he had left that weak, selfish, and alone life. As their lips almost met, someone open the door.

“Ah!” Takashi is shocked to see that he is interrupting an intimate session between Nanako and Yuuki. “I’m sorry…” He said and as he about to leave, Nanako called after him.

“Takashi-kun, it’s okay.” Nanako said. “Stay…”

“What are you saying?” Yuuki asked, paranoid. “Get out, Takashi!” He said angrily.

“No. Stay…” Nanako said. “I want him to watch us.” Nanako said, looking excited.

“What do you mean?” Yuuki asked, wanted to yell like hell to Nanako. But, he could never do that. Even when he’s angry, he never raised his voice to his sweet Ako-chan.

“I want someone to witness my love for you. I want the whole world to know how much I love you. It’s just a kiss, anyway…” Nanako said.

“But you know I didn’t like it.”

“Yes. And that’s why I wanted to do it so badly… Please…” Nanako said and he kisses Yuuki deeply without waiting for his reply. Yuuki resisted at first but then he just let himself drifted away in a kiss that he had longed for a long time.

Takashi is sweating severely. He is forced to see something he didn’t want to see. Now that he saw them, he just misses someone so badly. I wonder where is that person right now. Suddenly, he realizes that someone is standing behind him. It is a tall man, taller than Yuuki. He had a blond hair and blue eyes. His eyes were on Takashi with his expressionless face. “My love…” He said in a deep voice and Takashi places his palm on the guy’s cheek, smiling happily. “Welcome back…” Takashi said.

And then, two women, one with long brown hair and brown eyes, the other with short red hair and green eyes. The read-head then said, “Owh well, look at those love-birds…”

Yuuki realizes now that he had been drifted away in Nanako’s kiss and he quickly broke the kiss. His face turns completely red, embarrassed by his own act of clinging on to Nanako, his lover. He clears his throat and yet, didn’t have a clue of what to say as he wipes his mouth. Nanako only smiles happily to see them. He did not feel any shame at all by what they had seen. He then just said naturally, “True love needs to have witnesses…” and he laughs at himself.

Yuuki just looked at Nanako angrily but could never project his anger. That’s just the way Nanako is; a fire that could not be tamed and yet, it warms you enough to make you feel better and places a deep sense of tranquility in you. No matter how much I’m annoyed by this, it is still what I love most about him…

***

I still remember our first kiss. I never knew that I would ever felt that way…

His cold hands touching my face…

His eyes looking down on me…

His long dark hair blown by the wind…

The scents of blood that chills me to my bones…

I thought that he had just had his meal before that. I can still taste traces of blood from his tongue. And what I would remember the most was his words that time; “I really wanted to die for you, Ako-chan. So that you’ll remember me as whom I am now, not of who I would become. So, treasure this kiss…”

Nanako is still lying on his bed. He would always treasure that kiss. Earlier that morning, all of ‘The Warriors’ had been re-united. Just like old times…

Akizawa Ai is the one who turned Takashi Yoake into a vampire. He is Takashi’s lover. He was well-known with his anti-social attitude and that expressionless face of his. He had a pair of blue eyes and blond hair.

Then, there goes the girl with long brown hair and brown eyes, Eiko Misami. She is a cold person but a loyal fighter. The girl that came with her is Hana Kinichiro. She was turned by Eiko and very popular due to her talkative attitude and easy to get along with.

The only person who wasn’t there is Zu Tetsu. He was the first to exist among them. He had white eyes and white hair. He looks like a ghost. Yet, his characteristics are totally in contrast to the way he looked. He is very childish and always excited on unnecessary things.

When will he be back? Kaoru thought…He then can hear footsteps coming to his room. Someone knocks the door. It’s Yuuki, for sure….

***

“Zu’s here…” Yuuki said.
“Really?” Nanako asked looking all so excited. “How is he?”
“Oh well, he’s been feeding on human lately and he told me to keep it a secret from you. He’s scared if you’ll get angry…”
There, Nanako ‘really’ is angry right now. “How… could… he?” Nanako said angrily.
“You know, Ako-chan…” Yuuki said calmly.”Humans… They deserve it sometimes. They never appreciate their life or the life of others. They deserve to be ended with something other than human instead of them killing each other. Which they do…”
Nanako looked down, saddens by the awful truth. “I know… But it’s in their nature… There’s nothing we can do about it.”
“Then, it is also in our nature to live by feeding on them. It can’t be helped…”
Nanako sighed. It is the truth. “But those people, they could be someone’s mothers or fathers or sisters. Someone is probably waiting for them at home.”
“How could you be so naïve, Ako-chan?” Yuuki asked, smiling and patting his head. “We read minds… we would know right away if someone’s waiting for them…” Yuuki said.
“Aa... I forgot about that.” Nanako said.
“How long is it since you last feed?”
“Too long… I can survive without blood… you are well aware of that.”
“Yes. But it will strengthen your power. You need to be powerful. We’re going to fight a real strong warrior soon…”
“I know…” Nanako said sadly. “But I can’t do it. I’ll be strong, don’t worry about me. But I won’t feed on humans. It’s like killing myself.”
Yuuki startled hearing it. Yes, he is a half-blood vampire anyway. “Then, you can have some of my blood…” Yuuki offered him, slitting his own wrist with a knife.
“Thanks…” Nanako said. He couldn’t resist it. So he drinks Yuuki’s blood. While he is sucking the delicious red liquid out of Yuuki’s wound, Yuuki smiled and pat his head lightly.
“If I wasn’t born as a vampire, if we both were just normal human beings, we could live happily together without having to carry this burden. We might grow old together and die together. Yet, we might turn out to be more evil than we already are ‘cause humans, though as perfect as they are, they never had enough…”
Nanako felt tears streaming down his cheek hearing those words. “No. I would have enough because I have you by my side.”
Yuuki smiled. “Such a naïve thought, my love…”
***
“So, it’s Naoki, huh?” Zu asked. “No wonder why…” He said knowingly.

No comments: