Monday, October 6, 2008

Episode 1: Someone is waiting for me…

Behind those bushes of thorn red-roses, someone is waiting or me…

Soft lips pressed against mine await me, someone there who would always protect me, someone who will always love me. A man’s voice echoed in my head, “I will protect you, Ako-chan.” And I saw his long-dark hair swing by as he turned away. “I will find you…” and I remembered the last sight of his shadow as strong painful light hits my eyes.

***

Kaoru opens his eyes slowly. He could still feel the coldness of that place in his dream. Red roses blooming everywhere… He always had that same dream and of that same person with those sharp blue eyes of his and long dark hair. “Who is he?” Kaoru asked himself quietly. He got up from his bed and look at himself at the mirror. His dark brown hair is a mess now and his tired green eyes seem so restless, “Kaoru Kaowa, happy birthday!” he said to himself while smiling sheepishly. Another day of feeling so alone... It felt like I’ve only been alive for a year with no sign of memories of my past ever hits the space of my remaining days. Nobody’s going to celebrate his birthday with him today. No one will even congratulate him. No one knew. No one’s there… he’s so alone… All he knows and held faith in is that behind those thorn bushes of red roses, someone is waiting for him…

Let’s see, his first memory would be the day that he woke up in a hospital with pain in his head and no memories of himself at all. He wore a necklace in a shape of ‘chained-butterfly’, which he held sp close today. A lawyer came to him and told him about the sums of money he owned. Well, let’s say tons of money he owned. That money will never runs out his entire life for sure. Nevertheless, the lawyer was not informed of any details about Kaoru’s family and of whom involved in the procedure.

Kaoru sigh, I’m Kaoru Kaowa; A big nobody. I have no friends, probably no families and I’m 21 year old today…okay, now that sounds rather pathetic!, Kaoru thought to himself.

Well, he won’t let his day be a waste. No matter what and how lonely he is, he always looks on the brighter side of life. He never really wants to think about his loneliness. He ate those feelings all up. He rarely mingles with people and he stays that way. He gets weird feelings whenever he’s around them. It’s like he can see through their soul or something. It’s horrible whenever he felt it.

***

He walks through windows of shops that morning after having his breakfast at home. He wants to look for something to buy for himself as a birthday present.

Suddenly, a man approaches him. That tall man just comes in front of him and smiles at him warmly. “Happy birthday, Minamoto-san…”

Kaoru never felt so shock in his entire life! He knew me! Somehow, he knew that this is my birthday! At last, someone do know me!!! “You are…?”

He only smiles and then put his hand on Kaoru’s head and everything went black from Kaoru’s sight.

No comments: