Thursday, October 16, 2008

Episode 3: Shattered memories

This is my room. It looks pretty much the same as before I left except that it had worn out of age. I’m tired of being alone… I’m a hundred years old and for being this old, maybe it’s time for me to really have someone by my side.

***

Kaoru walks around the castle. He looked at every detail. Wow, this place does look familiar… Maybe what Yoake-san said is true anyway… He felt that his heart begin to stray from the right path. He begins to believe…

“What the…?” Kaoru stumble as he saw an extremely familiar spot in the distance. It’s a garden filled with red-roses and clear blue sky above them. He runs as fst as he could towards the destination. He will only want to look at one place; Behind those bushes of thorn red-roses… he stopped tunning and walk slowly there. He then saw the person behind them, “Yuuki-san…” Kaoru said, and he remembers…

***

~Year: 1928~

Kaoru was bleeding heavily. He can’t heal. Yuuki was fighting them with all his might. He’s getting weaker and Kaoru’s dying. They were attacked off-guard and there’s too many of them.

“Onii-chan, you cannot defeat them. There’s too many of them.” Kaoru said bering his pain.

“I know. But I just wanted to protect you, even if I die…” Yuuki said hardly breathing.

As yuuki chop-off their heads, more come to finish him and those that were dead got back to life. Yuuki never seen anything like it. Such creatures…

“I will protect you, Ako-chan.” Yuuki said confidently, sadly smiling to Kaoru.

***

~Present time~

“Are you okay?” Yuuki asked Kaouru impatiently, looking all worried.

“Y-Yes… I’m okay. Just remembering some things.” Kaoru said.

“What is it that you remember?”

“Nothing. Just some insignificant memories…”

“Oh…” Yuuki nodded. “So that’s what I am to you now, is it? Insignificant?” Yuuki asked.

“What-?” Kaoru was shocked to learn that Yuuki seem to know of what he remembered.

“Just now when your eyes went out, I thought I heard you call me ‘Onii-san’. That’s all. So I thought it must be me that you remembered. Maybe it’s just my imagination after all…”

They both went silent for a while.

“Um… about that time when I said ‘I hate you’, I didn’t really mean it… I mean, I just had the shock of my life, you know? Waking up knowing a guy is kissing me…”

Yuuki smiled. “It’s not the first time, you know? In the human world, there’ll be relationships between girls and boys. But here, there’s no such thing as ‘opposite attracts’. Every vampires only involved in relationships within the same gender.”

Kaoru’s face went all-red, “…”

“I visited you everynight in your dreams, you know?… I will never just leave you alone. I just wanted to protect you, that’s all…” Yuuki said honestly.

“So you just sent me away?”

“Yes. I nearly lost you during that fight. I wasn’t prepared. I don’t even know how to use my full potential at that time. I blamed myself for all of my ignorance. You can’t heal like me so it’s dangerous for you to be fighting. And knowing you, you always wanted to save others, you’ll never let anyone fight alone. I can’t let that happen…(looking down) I’m sorry to have left you feeling so alone…”

“No. That’s okay. I shouldn’t have blame you. You’re just protecting me. I mean, you’re my step brother after all.”

“We are more than just brothers… Perhaps I should remind you something, though you can’t recall those moments, we have had more intimate times together other than just kissing…” Yuuki said and he walked away.

Kaoru lost his words and his face gone to a color of pink out of shame. What does that guy mean having had more intimate times?Kaoru then looked up at the sky. But that guy, he was gambling his own life for me… and this smells of roses were just all so peaceful. I never wanted to be home again. I just wanted to be here…

Suddenly, his eyes were blinded by a bright light and he saw vision. He saw several people wearing red robes and cloaks were torturing a family and they burn down their house while those people are being tied inside. Kaoru scream out loud due to the pain of being burn alive. He can feel as if he were those whose on fire. Then, his completely white eyes turn back green. What’s that? Why did I saw all that? That wasn’t one of my mising memories.

“Minamoto-san!” Takashi approaches him and Yuuki come along soon after that.

“What’s the matter, Ako-chan?” Yuuki asked.

In fear, Kaoru said, “I saw something. It’s like a vision. They’re burning them! They’re burning them!” He freaks out, “Why did I saw all that?!” And tears fall down his cheek. “I can feel it. The heat, the fear, helpless!” He can’t stop crying. “I can’t do anything to save them…”

***

“One of my vampire’s abilities? You gotta be kidding me…” Kaoru said.

“It’s true.” Yuuki said. “You’re able to predict short distance’s future or things that are happening elsewhere.” Yuuki explained.

“What?” Kaoru was amazed.

“You can do more.” Takashi said. “You’re abilities are a bit different from ordinary vampires. It’s more… special.”

“Like…?” Kaoru asked getting all confused.

Takashi continued, “Ordinary vampires like us can of course, read people’s thought, control mind, jump higher, sharp physical senses like hearing people’s heartbeats in a certain distance and also able to heal, or in other word regenesis. We can also enter people’s dream inserting nightmares, memories, or pleasures. That’s just the basic abilities of being a vampire. But for those who possess royal blood or turn by a royal blood will wear this (holding his necklace) chained-butterfly necklace, we have additive abilities called ‘full potential’, it is certain inner energy and hidden powers. We are called ‘The Warriors’. You are one of us…”

Kaoru realizes that everyone’s there were actually wearing the same necklace as what he himself had wore for as long as he remembers.

Takashi continued more of his lengthy explanation. “You do not have any of those ordinary abilities. Yours are more special. You can enter people’s feelings and feels their emotions as the same. You can also insert emotions to others. You have sharp senses in emotional factors rather than physical. You’ll sense immediately fears, lies, or happiness. And also, you can teleport yourself anywhere in short distances and you can predict future… But as a consequence for having such special abilities, you can’t heal.”

In Kaoru’s thought; I don’t know if being special is a bless or a curse. But it felt more like a curse. I can sense loneliness and lost is going to visit me.

No comments: