Monday, October 20, 2008

Episode 4: Fire of the Sun

If anything I would want to do in this world, is to die for Ako-chan, my love. The years felt longer separated from him than being alive for 608 years. If I die for him, then my heart and my love would be pure. The only reason that I am still alive even now is for him, waiting for the day that I’d die for him…

***

Yuuki lies still on his bed that night. Tomorrow he’s going to bring them all to the world behind this shielded castle, the castle that he had loved so much other than Nanako. There’s not much in his life that he loved. He loves Nanako, this castle, and the sweet embraced of death. He had always been the strange one ever since his first existence. He is the only vampire that was brought to life with existing memories of his past life and a little resemblance of himself from it.

In his past existence, he puts an end to his own life. He slit his wrists that night and watched the world fades and pool of blood swam his entire room. It was a beautiful death… He tried to commit suicide several times in his vampire life but he never died. But it was that time when he saw the innocent, beautiful Nanako, he thought he saw a reason to live. No matter how much he wanted to kill himself or others, when Nanako stands in his way, he will stop and yet, never knowing why…

***

Finally, I can get out of this castle! Kaoru thought to himself. He never wanted to endanger himself by going to save that particular family from being burn alive. He already could feel the heat and he can’t take it. There’s no way in hell he is going to put his own life at risk over some insignificant people! Nobody lives forever. They’re going to die if their times had come anyway! It doesn’t matter as long as I’m alive and the world is good… He thought again. I’m going to escape from this nightmare soon…

***

They’re now out of the castle. They left the castle as soon as the darkness filled the sky. Takashi and Yuuki can’t face direct sunlight unlike Kaoru. It’s just another one of his specialties. They can face sunlight when they’re in the castle because the castle was protected by a mystical shield built by one of ‘The Warrior’ whom Kaoru haven’t met or remembered yet. Kaoru felt so happy to be out of the castle because it’s his chance to escape. He can smells freedom now from far away. And it smells good…

There are four major clans in the vampire’s society. The first one consists of the strong and loyal vampires to the royal blood, the Vyvia clan. They are the great allies with ‘The Warriors’. The second one is the Lostsoul clan. They are the armies of the Royal Blood (‘The Warriors’) and are very skillful in handling various kinds of weapons. The third clan would be the Frost clan. This is the most vicious clan and the hardest to be controlled. They had strayed from the right path. The last one is the Arielz clan who lives in harmony, in hiding, and some pretends to live as normal human beings.

Based on Kaoru’s descriptions from his vision, the one’s in trouble is the Lostsoul clan. They arrived at a park where there’s a lake nearby. The place was still and everyone there suddenly stopped moving as if the time had stopped by itself. Kaoru looked at Takashi and he only smiles, “we can’t afford people seeing us, right?” Takashi said.

“You’re the one who did this?” Kaoru asked looking all over the place of hindered time. Takashi only nodded and smiles warmly.

They went near to the lake and Yuuki said, “Open!” o the thin air.

Out of nowhere, an invisible door appeared slowly. The three of them went inside.

“So how many invisible castles there are actually?” Kaoru asked as they entered through the darkness.

“Many…” Takashi answered shortly.

“Oh well, it’s ‘The Warriors’… You’re not welcomed here.” A voice echoed out of a sudden.

“Since when ‘The Warriors’ are not welcome?!” Yuuki asked angrily.

“Since now…” The voice said and light begins to shine revealing the sight of the Lostsoul Clan’s leader’s family being tied in the middle of the castle’s hall.

“That’s them! They’re the one that’s going to be burn!” Kaoru said in panic.

“How would you know we are going to burn them?” The voice asked and now they can see the owner of the voice. It belongs to an evil-looking man, a vampire from the clan.

“Um… Guessing?” Kaoru said.

He smirks at him and then verbalizes an order, “Kill them!”

And then there appeared a number of Victrous ready to attack them. No way in hell they’re going to be able to fight that many of Victrous. Kaoru turn around and started to run away. How scary! They have no face at all. No way! I want to live for all that I care. Then, one of the Victrous appeared in front of him trying to grab his arms. “No!!!” Kaoru screamed. Yuuki step ahead and fight the creature away but when it’s dead, it came back to live again.

Takashi and Yuuki fight with all their might the battle that they know they can’t win. “Minamoto-san, go! Run away from here!” Takashi said, concerned of Kaoru’s safety.

Kaoru stumbled and went numb. I… I just wanted to run away and leave them to die there. But they just… Kaoru can feel his hand is shaking. I was being so selfish and yet, they still wanted to safe me… He can feel tears streaming down his eyes. I can’t let this happen. I gotta save them. They’re dying for me now. I need to be strong. And reddish fire lights up around both of his hands as if they were caught by fire from an invisible force. Yet, he didn’t feel any pain of burning. He felt stronger. I must save them. I won’t let anyone hurt them… He cries… I remember who I am now. I’m Nanako Minamoto, a royal blood, one of ‘The Warriors’ and am the most powerful vampire! Now, his eyes narrow into vertical slits as he screamed and the fire from his hands consumed his entire body as if he is on fire.

“Onii-san! Takashi-kun!” He shouts at them. They turn their heads around and are astounded by the sight of him using his full potential. Something that they had never seen before. “Stand back” he ordered them.

Takashi and Yuuki followed his order as Nanako moves forward on his own. The Victrous tried to attack him but with one single touch on his body, the Victrous turned to ashes. Then, with only one stare, without even touching them, those armies of Victrous are all consumed by Nanako’s reddish fire and they all burn and turn to ashes…

When it’s over, the fireon his body went out and he looked at Yuuki and Takashi calmly. “Onii-san, Takshi-kun, I’m back…” Nanako said.

Suddenly, an evil laughter echoed the air in the castle’s hall. A man wearing red robe and cloak appeared. The cloak was a bit different from the Victrous’ cloak. He is not faceless. He wore a mask. He’s a vampire…

“Crest…” Yuuki said silently.

“Such great powers, Nanako.” He said. He walks a step closer to them.

Nanako flamed his hands warning the guy that he’s ready to attack him.

He only smiles cynically. “I’ve been waiting for you… Don’t worry. I’m not in a mood for a fight today. I just wanted to see how threatening my opponent would be. And you did not let me down.” He said.

“Why are you doing all this evil?” Takashi asked.

“You are way below my status to talk to me like that, Takashi!” He said. He then opened his mask slowly.

Takashi and Yuuki are now shocked to death learning that the person whom they had known as Crest and who had tried to kill his own kind was their formal vampire’s Royal leader, Naoki Minamoto, Yuuki’s own father.

“Now tell me, how should I punish you for your disrespect?” Naoki said.

“H-How could you do this?... H-How can this be possible?” Takashi asked trembling with sense of betrayal poking his heart.

He only smiled and turn his stare to Nanako. “You are the problem here.” He said. "Parts of you belong to a person that was so dear to me, my very own brother, Kenji. But the other parts of you belong to a person, whom I despised most, the one who took Kenji away from me, that human Satou!” he said ending his words angrily. “I don’t know whether I should kill you or keep you…” he continued looking at Nanako with his sharp eyes. Then, he smiles an evil smile. “But I think I should keep you. You remind me a lot of Kenji. I can’t wait to touch you…”

Yuuki clenched his fist at the sound of those words. Naoki is aware of it. “Don’t worry, Yuuki. I’ll have you with me too. You both will be mine.” And he laughed wickedly. “But it won’t be that easy, isn’t it?” He asked, reminding himself of their rivalry situation.

“That’s why I’m here to challenge you all to a duel. Not really a duel… I challenge all six of you, ‘The Warriors’ to a fight against me.” He said. “If you win, I shall suspend my intentions and act of destroying all human beings and you can choose whether or not if you’re going to kill me…again. However, if I win, you will have no right of stopping me from destroying them and I will keep both of my precious Yuuki and Nanako as my prisoner in order to remind you of my victory for until there’s no single human living in this world.” He explained his rules. “You need not to agree on it now. You have time to think about it. Until then, we shall meet again…” And he disappeared.

No comments: